Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Light Within



My rage flourishing into spite
No one can do anything right.
An obscene gesture here and a curse word there
More meanness in me than my own heart can bear.
What good is this dreadful world anyway?
Don’t want to wake up to another day.
Reaching the bottom of a vast, dark pit
All alone, here I sit.
The hustle and bustle of people all around,
But not one clear face and not one sound.
Even in the mirror, I cannot see
What’s deep inside, the real, true me.
There are feelings in there…
Somewhere
The little girl that used to play
And dance and sing her day away
Now just an empty shell
Drifting along in a living hell.
Where now do I go?
Just let the anger flow.
A mother, a wife, why can’t I see
All the love that’s surrounding me?
Then one day a Light appeared
Deep inside and took my fear.
He showed me how to love
Thank you my Father up above
For lifting me out of that deadly strife
And giving to me a brand new life
With purpose and joy, a peace complete
Knowing my troubles, even the least
Are miraculously taken away
As I get on my knees and pray.
I ask Him to forgive,
In return He shows me how to live.
Just love Him completely with all my heart and soul.
It was He that I needed to make me whole.
Nothing on this earth can ever compare
To the sea of love that I find there
In God’s wonderfully loving arms.
He keeps me from any harm.
He guides my footsteps, to where? I do not know.
I must drop everything and go
My Creator, Redeemer, He’s taken my sin
No longer a part of this world I live in.
All because of my loving Jesus
I now know that He never leaves us.
If you’re in that vast dark hole
Having no other place to go.
Look up my friend and you’ll find comfort there
In the strong arms of our Savior where there is no despair

Sabrina Jeanise
November, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment