Monday, June 26, 2017

Where's My Adventure?



Today at work as I took a few minutes to brew myself a cup of coffee, a thought occurred to me. My life is so mundane. I’m not necessarily unhappy with it…the everydayness of it is quite comfortable. The blessings that God has bestowed upon me are innumerable and I am very grateful, but there are desires that burn deep within my heart. These desires step out of the mundane and into a life of adventure—a life I never knew existed.

The Word tells us in Psalm 37:4, “Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” In this passage, the definition of delight means to be pliable. The verse before it says to ‘trust in the Lord and do good.’ Now here, the definition of ‘trust’ means to put confidence in and to ‘do good’ means to be joyful. Hmmm…put my confidence in Him, be joyful and pliable. 

It was through the toughest times of my life that I learned of God’s faithfulness. When I spent years walking through the fire, He was right beside me. When my dwelling place was in the pit of despair, He was there. Never once did He leave me. Every heartache and pain that I will endure…He is already there. God uses these hardships to shape me into the woman He created me to be. My job is to step aside and let Him accomplish His will in me. I know that no tear I cry is in vain. This is a lifelong process as I continue to grow in Him and continue to place my confidence in Him. Not every day is a joyful one. The Bible says that weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5). I am never alone—He is ever with me.

Remember those desires I was talking about? Well, those are stored in my heart. God knows them. I firmly believe He planted them there, but my focus isn’t on them, it’s on Him. He is my joy and my strength. He is my all-in-all. He is my everything. Without Him, I am nothing. Without Him, I can do nothing. I have confidence that in His timing He will bring my desires to fruition. How do I know? Because they center around Him and bring Him glory.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I am sharing on facebook to a friend who I think may appreciate it. I was thinking of her while I read it......... I love the way you weave scripture in your message. Thanks for writing it Sabrina !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Lord uses it to help your friend! Thank you for sharing it with her and thank you for your sweet words!!!

    ReplyDelete